Scotia Instrumentation is seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking IT Technician to work within our Aberdeen premises.
The successful Candidate, will be working in the IT team of one of Scotland's Premier Instrumentation Businesses. We pride ourselves on our high level of service which ensures safety, quality, process efficiency and product innovation. Responsibilities and Duties
You would work as part of the team, responsible for developing and maintaining in house and external computer systems and software. Balancing your work day between multiple tasks and projects, you would also provide technical support for our staff and customers. Along with day to day maintenance and technical support you would be involved in the testing, documentation and development of our in-house systems and our bespoke instrumentation products and systems.Skills and Experience
The right person for this role will be experienced in 2 or more of the following areas:
- Apple Macintosh Computers and Operating Systems & Environments
- Microsoft Windows and Server Operating Systems & Environments
- Office and Productivity Applications
- Computer Hardware (Installation, Configuration, Assembly, Troubleshooting & Repair)
- Computer Networking (Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting & Repair)
- Help Desk Support
- Microsoft Server Applications & Configuration
- Networking Design & Maintenance
- Cisco IOS and Cisco Firewall Services
- Antivirus and Anti Malware prevention and removal
- Spam filtering and Phishing
- Mobile Operating Systems Support
- Calibration Software (e.g LabVIEW, Fluke Metcal)
- Batch Scripting
- 4th Dimension Database & Applications
- Open Source Application Support
- Visualisation Environments Support
- Instrumentation Buses (GPIB, Fieldbus, PROFIBUS)
The ideal Candidate will have excellent people skills, be able to work well in a collaborative team environment or independently
to deliver internal and customer projects and support. You should also possess the ability to
give technical instructions to a non-technical audience.
You will also hold a degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Systems,
Software Engineering or Electronics.
Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Comptia A+ certifications
Holidays: 23 days + 1 bank holiday + Christmas Week
additional 5 days for every 5 years’ service, up to 15 days.
There is a matched 5% company pension scheme and BUPA healthcare.
Also there is a company performance related bonus scheme.Salary
Competitive Salary on offer depending on experience.
All applications must be made through our website by completing the requested fields on the application accessible below. An up to date cv and covering letter can be attached.No Agencies please.