Scotia are seeking an enthusiastic, reliable, hardworking Mechanical Calibration Technician.
The successful candidate will be working within various mechanical laboratories and be part of a premier instrumentation business.
We pride ourselves on our high level of service which demands, quality, process efficiency and product innovation.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will work as part of a team, responsible for servicing, repairing and calibrating all types of Mechanical instrumentation such as Pressure recorders, PRV’s, High pressure pumps, Drilling Instrumentation, Subsea and Torque equipment utilising the latest equipment & software. Working to manufacturers specifications and British standards where applicable.
Balancing your work day between multiple tasks and projects you would also provide technical support for our sales and repair desks and our engineering customers.
Along with day to day work commitments you will be expected to visit, when required, various customer premises to carry out onsite calibration. Once you have gained the correct competencies there may be an opportunity to be part of the offshore team. You will also be involved in the day to day maintenance and servicing of all our in-house standards.
Skills and Experience
The right person for this role will ideally have:
- A mechanical based apprenticeship.
- The use and understanding of mechanical instrumentation & equipment.
- The use of computer software from Microsoft or Apple.
- Working and contributing in a close-knit team.
- Working with and using basic mathematical formulae.
- Calibration & Repair of a variety of mechanical instrumentation & equipment e.g. Pressure recorders, PRV’s, Drilling Instrumentation, Torque Wrenches, Air driven pumps, Subsea Loggers.
- Working in a calibration workshop
- Autonomous working on a customers’ premises
- A current driving licence
The ideal Candidate will have excellent people skills, be able to work well in a collaborative team environment and possess the ability to give technical instructions and advice to a non-technical audience.
You will also hold suitable qualifications in Maths and English and preferably hold a college qualification. Training will be given to further enhance and tailor your skills to use Scotia's systems and follow our procedures.
Holidays: 23 days + 5 days bank holiday
additional 5 days for every 5 years’ service, up to 15 days.
There is a matched 5% company pension scheme and BUPA healthcare.
Also, a company performance related bonus scheme.
Competitive rates based on experience
Overtime @ x1.5 and x2 rates
Job Types: Full-time